Welcome to episode 4 of Anthony Presotto’s Business Insider Podcast.
In this episode:
This weeks episode I am interviewed by my friend and fellow salon owner Steve Winder. We are talking about websites and how they can be the most valuable marketing tool for your salon business. The interview is a little older and we discuss things that are now common place like facebook graph search and google+. QR codes gets a mention and while they can still be useful tools, research has shown that just over 3% of smartphone users will actually scan a code, so they haven’t turned into the marketing gem they promised to be. Apart from that everything else in the podcast still remains true.
Your website is very important part of your over all marketing strategy. It is no longer about having a brochure style website but one that is interactive, allowing you to capture possible client details, keep current clients informed with salon happenings, integrate with social media to maximise the exposure of your salon and increase your business.
Websites mentioned in this episode:
- THESIS THEME – Great theme but can be a little complex for beginners to use. I would suggest either ink or elegant themes below.
- CRAZY DOMAINS – Most cost effective place to register your domain name. Often offering names from as little as $3
- HOSTGATOR – Best choice for hosting with excellent customer service.
- WORDPRESS – Totally free CMS framework to build you website.
- INKTHEMES – My themes of choice.
- ELEGANT THEMES – If inkthemes doesn’t have what I want.
I aim to produce a podcast once a fortnight. So check back soon. You can also subscribe to my podcast in iTunes.
I Appreciate your iTunes reviews!
I am so incredibly thankful to those who have recently gone into my listing in iTunes to provide a five-star rating and a written review of Anthony Presotto's Business Insider Podcast. Leaving a 5 star rating and/or a written review can be so valuable to helping others within our industry find my podcast.